Monday, August 10, 2009

Ultrasound Pictures!

So, I had my 20 week ultrasound today! It was incredibly cool! I will admit, I woke up in the middle of the night, and I was just sure the baby had a major problem. Namely, I was thinking that since Jason and I wanted a surprise, we would have a hermaphroditic baby, and they wouldn't tell us about it. Not the kind of surprise we were thinking! Luckily, everything is going well. Good on all counts, which is a relief. No twins though. I think Jason is pretty disappointed. Oh well.
The baby was moving around like nuts. The tech was laughing about it, because she'd be looking at it and it would just start to flail around. A couple of times when she took a screenshot to measure things, an arm or leg would end up in the shot and she had to try again. I figure we are in for a workout come December!
This is the profile of the head. The head on the left. This shot took us a long time, partially because the baby was breech, but also because it moved around a lot, and seemed to like facing the wand.
This is also the head. Head on the left. We can't figure out if it's another profile, that's just not as good, or if it's a face shot. Harder to tell on the computer, but in the actual printout, it looks like there might be eyes, a nose and a mouth. Or it could be grey blobs. Not like I am good at reading these things!!
This is a good shot of a leg. You can also see where the feet are almost touching. No, you can't tell the gender from that angle. You will just have to wait in suspense! You can also see where the cord comes in, just to the right of the knee and thigh.
This is Jason's favorite shot. This is a disembodied arm and leg. The arm to the left and the leg to the right. He thinks it looks like the MotherBrain from Metroid...
I can see the similarities. Sadly. Luckily, our baby will not be made out of brain. Right?

1 comment:

I am a mother! said...

ultra sounds are so awesome.
can't believe you are already half way.

i must admit that there are times that you get me a little bit baby hungry. i just can't imagine not being able to jog. it is how i cope with life. i'll have to look into how long i could jog into the pregnancy. maybe yoga at the end will pull me through. look how you have me talking...