Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Four Month Doctor Visit and Super Cute Nails!

Well, I am going to start with my super cute nails, because I am so self-centered. Well, really it's because it happened first. Or something. I found these really cute star cutouts. Well, actually I found way too many. But they are for nails, and they are not stickers. I got a great deal, and had too much fun with them. Here they are!
Please ignore the way my knuckles dent in. I haven't lost all my baby fat yet?
And yes, those are my real nails. No fakies here!



Finley had his Four Month Visit today. Here are the stats:
Weight: 14lbs even. 24th percentile (still a little small)
Height: 24.5 inches. 24th percentile (well, at least he's consistent!)
Head: 16 inches. 10th percentile (I am okay with small head babies)
He also had to get his shots, poor guy. I forgot to give him Tylenol first, too, so he is pretty grumpy. I have to say though, he handled the first shot like a pro. Didn't cry or anything. It was the second one that did him in. I think it was just too cruel to handle.

We put him in 3-6 month clothes today, which was momentous. AND, we get to start feeding him real food! Well, real baby food, anyway. Nothing cuter than a messy faced baby, huh? That's what I think! So I made sure to take some photos!

He really seemed to like it, once he figured out it was food. I don't blame him for wondering. Rice cereal isn't my favorite, either. Notice Jason's death grip on his hands. He tends to try to shove them into his mouth every chance he gets. Thumbsucking- I hate you.

Aww- so cute! I was strangely super excited to feed him! I mean, it's messy and he wasn't that excited but I was just grinning away like an idiot.

Notice the blurred arms. He is such a squirmy kid! Like the bib? I know I do! (Emily, I think Gabe should be a pirate puppy when he grows up. Just sayin')


I guess he didn't like the feel of all that goop on his face, because he cleaned it up all by his lonesomes! Either that or tried to eat the bib. I am going with cleaning because I am sure Finn is a genius, and because I am hoping he will be a neat freak and clean all day long while I read. Sounds good, no? Yeah, I am the luckiest mom in the world!
And to end, a video of Finn ALMOST laughing. He was laughing really good until we pulled out the camera...

2 comments:

Emily said...

Pirate Puppy indeed! Holy Cow, that baby of yours is adorable! (Your nails are cute, too.) Who does he look like? I can't decide anymore. I hate feeding babies baby food. I think I will wait until these kids can feed themselves, and cleanly, too. Wait, that isn't for another 5 years. Okay, so maybe I will.

Laura said...

He's doing so well! I can't believe he's already old enough to eat solid foods! Thanks for sharing...