Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thumbsucker. And other photos of Finley

Well, Finn discovered his thumb last week. I am not too excited about it. Jason called me in to look at Finn while he was sleeping, and there he was, thumb firmly in mouth. It was so cute! I mean, look at that dimple in his cheek that he gets when he sucks! Awww! But then I started to think about the trials of getting your child to STOP thumbsucking (I mean, really, it isn't so cute when they're 12...) and firmly pulled it right out. I thought it was a one time thing. Unfortunately, I was wrong. He can find that thing so fast, it's incredible! I mean, he will be standing, and lunge his head forward and grab that thumb. It's driving me nuts. But it is cute.


He hasn't really figured out what to do with his other fingers yet. As a result, he usually forms them into a claw shape, and then proceeds to stab himself in the eye. And then he cries. I just look at him and say "You did that to yourself. Maybe if you didn't suck your thumb, you wouldn't poke your eye out." Okay- and then I give him a hug and make him feel better.



Jason laughs at me because I keep telling Finn "You are a big boy. Big boys don't suck their thumbs. Thumbsucking is for babies." Also, please notice Finley's angry sleeping face. He sleeps like that all the time. I am not sure why, but I think it's adorable!


I keep trying to get Finn to smile for the camera. He is ALL smiles now. But as soon as he sees the camera, all I get is pig face. Over and over again. Cute chin, eh? He is up to 14lbs now!


He is so wiggly! He's getting pretty close to rolling over. He has figured out how to pick up his bum using his legs and fling himself around. He just needs to get the top half moving.


I love this face! He makes it all the time! Too cute!


He is really REALLY good at holding his head up now. In fact, when we put him in the carseat, he tries to hold his head up for a while. It's pretty funny. :)


The bald spot on the back of his head is getting pretty funny. It's all jagged around the edges now. As a side note, all his new hair is blonde, blonde, blonde!


We got his professional hospital photo. I wasn't sure if I wanted to order any, but then I realized that we didn't take any photos that showed his hair- just him in hats! He is one day old here, and I think he looks pretty darn cute, considering. He had a TON of hair, huh?


He has started grabbing things. He loves to grab the bottle. Both sides. And he is all done breastfeeding now. In case you wanted to know.


This is RIGHT after he was done eating. We take the bottle out, and it's stretchy time!



Here is a series of photos of us trying to take our own family photos. We tried. It's harder than you think to get everybody in the frame and looking okay. The last one was ALMOST perfect. If only Finn hadn't looked down. Oh well. One of these days we will get a good one. Or maybe I'll just photoshop them...

2 comments:

Emily said...

Impressive family pictures. I try to just get me and one kid and I usually get just the tops of our heads. Blonde, huh? Was Jason blonde as a kid? I can't believe how friggin cute Finn is. He hasn't even had an awkward stage yet.

Laura said...

Absolutely darling, and don't worry about the thumbsucking. Be grateful he can soothe himself (I tried to make Alice into a thumbsucker or binky baby and she wouldn't have it and was crabby)... You guys all look great!