Sunday, July 4, 2010

Please no!

Finn is almost crawling. I am NOT excited. Well, okay. I am kinda excited. It will be so fun to have him crawling around and getting all big.

But then, I think about baby proofing. And how I have not baby proofed anything, despite my intentions to have it all done well before this started. I haven't even fully unpacked. And I think about how he will get into everything, and be a handful. Oh well. At least it's cute, right?

AND, Finn got two teeth on Wednesday. Out of the blue! We had no teething symptoms. No excessive drool, no grumpiness, no chewing, no nothing! They are all the way through, and really, REALLY sharp. I have tried to get a picture of them, but he won't cooperate. After I realized he had two teeth, I got the symptoms. Screaming bloody murder, mainly. But only for one evening, and then he was peachy keen. I am a lucky mother. I know it.

Here's a video showing how close he is to crawling. I know most of you probably aren't that excited about it, but my Mom keeps requesting, and I am sure more relatives care. I know Jason's parents watch them too. But feel free to skip it.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Pretty cute stuff. Don't worry too much about baby proofing. Both my kids are still alive so it must not matter very much... I put those outlet covers in their room and nowhere else figuring that was the room I could close them in. I think doing that and putting a baby gate on their door so they can't get out is a good option, or there's always the playpen. My mom swore by one and I had a hard time confining the kids until I needed to get things done and it was great. Good luck!

Carrie said...

That video is too cute!