Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Amanda is... !!

Yes, it is really true!! I am pregnant, and we are really really excited about it! Here is what we know so far:

Due Date: Christmas Eve (I am not too thrilled about having a Christmas baby, and am really hoping I deliver early. Like somewhere between the 11th and the 18th would be great!)

Weeks along: Eleven, currently. I just had my first appointment on Monday, which was super cool! I loved hearing the heartbeat!! 150 BPM, if anyone wants to know!

Sex: We are not planning on finding out. That is the plan, but it is easy to stick to when you don't have a choice. It will be harder when we could know RIGHT THEN!

Other information- Jason is really shooting for multiples, but we won't find that out until the 20 week ultrasound. We were hoping that we would find out yesterday, but they said when they are that small it's impossible to know from the heartbeat if there is more than one baby.

I have been feeling really good. I don't have any morning sickness at all, which is really surprising. I guess you just always expect to get all the bad symptoms! Other than that, I am super tired, and I can't sleep at all. Not on my stomach, not on my back, and I have to wake up about every hour to flip sides. Not so fun. I am also extremely weepy and emotional. We went to see UP last night, and I cried at least six times. It was WAY too sad for me! Although, I haven't cried at a commercial yet, so that is good!

My Mom, Dad, and brothers are all way excited. I got some funny reactions out of them- especially out of Logan. I told him I was pregnant, and he was like: That's cool! I need a girlfriend! And then he said the same thing to my mom when she talked to him about it. I laughed. My mom has become a baby quilting machine. She even has a broken wrist, and she has already embroidered 6 and the partial squares (from the last time she gave me a count which was more than a week ago) and every time I talk to her she tells me about some new cute blanket pattern or fabric she bought. It is really quite funny! And my dad is way excited. He told my mom that he thinks about the baby ALL the time, if he isn't thinking about anything else. He has always talked about being a grandpa, even when I was little. Needless to say, it will be a very spoiled baby, no doubt!
Me at 9.5 weeks. I think I am already showing. I wish I had a good comparison photo, but I lost all that weight, so I didn't have a current one.

10 comments:

Me said...

oh my goodness!!! this is soooo sooo sooo exciting! do you want a name list? i could make you one, what sort of names do you like?

Andrea said...

YEEEEAAAAAYYYYYYY!

Can I even tell you how excited I am for you right now?!!!!

Oh and don't wOrry you can't expect to get good sleep until maybe when they move out? Not likely if they're any sort of trouble.

Hey- cool it with the hormonal weeping. Jk. Try going for walks like we did at manor down.

LOL. Here starts the ridiculous amount of free advice, especially from those who don't seem to quite get what you're going through. :) I am excited for you.

I am a mother! said...

The no sleep now is just preparation for the no sleep later. ;-) You know we are excited for you guys!

mindy said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! Just wait, the sickness will come. How many blankets can one baby have? You'll need to find out what you're having so your mom can make you something other than blankets. I have some really simple dress and skirt patterns. This is going to be a super spoiled baby!

Overall Family said...

Congrats that is so exciting. And don't find out what it is. It was so much fun, and time went a lot faster not knowing. Besides it is fun to shop for both. You can always keep or give away what you don't need. Good luck with sleeping, ask you OB about taking 1/2 a Unisom. They usually RX it for morning sickness. I used the Walgreens brand "Wal-some" it was the best. Good luck and call if you need anything.

Jason said...

WHAT!?! Congratulations!!

TheEmmetts said...

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Cograts!!! i am soooo happy for you guys!! WHOOOHOOOO!!!
LOVE YA TONS!
loves,
mariah

TheEmmetts said...

LOL i was just reading about the being way emotional thing.. I got SOOOO emotional I actually cried when my mother in law told my my baby was going to have a full head of hair.. when she said that I pictured a baby COVERED in hair and started BALLING MY EYES OUT!!! lol funny thing is dennie has hardly any hair at all LOL!!!

Laura said...

Congratulations, Amanda (and Jason)!!! We really liked not knowing the sex until the kids were born, but it's crazy and amazing no matter how you go about it. Good luck!!!!!

Benn said...

p.s. This is andrea-- besides receiving blankets (which work for lots of things, like head positioners, changing pads, propping a pacifier in their mouth... Also, make lots of burp cloths, and a simple nursing cover that's like a shawl, of light but slightly stiff material. wish i could send you a pattern. my mom bought one that was 50 bucks that could have been made for 5, it's so stylish and easier to keep on than the ones with a loop on the top, i think. these three things i use a LOT.