Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Girls Camp Madness!

Well, I should have taken pictures with food all over my house, or my stuffed fridge and freezer. But I was too busy. But you can imagine, as I start to paint the picture for you!
Girls camp is finally here! I was in charge of the food, which is no small feat!! The worst part about it is that you can't do anything in advance. So, on Saturday I went shopping with the first-year girls. It was INSANE!! We had a total of five completely stuffed grocery carts, and $530 worth of food (which is really quite good, budget-wise). It was two completely full cars worth of food. It covered the floor of my living room. It filled up my fridge (which had only condiments that belonged to me) and my freezer, AND I still had to take about a backseat load to someone else's house to keep refrigerated. It was nutty. Monday I cooked twenty pounds of hamburger and ten pounds of chicken. (my house still smells like beef!) I also made two cookie sheet sized fruit tarts. Why? you ask? Because, I am crazy. I thought fruit tarts would be easy to do. I didn't take into account that the cookie sheets wouldn't fit into the cooler...
Total, I ended up with 7 big rubbermaid bins of non-refrigerated food and 7 coolers. All stuffed as full as their lids would allow!
Needless to say, I am not sad that the event is over. Although I am really bummed that I didn't actually get to go. It was hard watching all those excited girls get into their nice, big, air-conditioned tour bus and not get to go yourself. Oh well. Honestly, I probably need that time to recover and get my house cleaned. Maybe I will just hire a maid...

No comments: