Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby Shower #2 and #3


On Saturday I had two baby showers! (How did I get so lucky?) The first one was at 10am, and Faith was a fantastic hostess! (She didn't get in any of the photos, because she was in charge of the camera. I should have noticed and fixed that, but wasn't thinking. All the blood is going to the uterus, you know!) We played a game where you melt candy bars in diapers and try to guess what they are, and also a game where no one can say "baby" or "cute". Basically, we all had five clothespins, and if someone caught you saying the taboo word they got to take one. I lost horribly! :) Lauren won it by about 7 pins or so.

It was crazy! Then we opened gifts.
Lauren made me a teddy bear! Isn't it cute?
Melanie got me a gift card.
Britney also got me a gift card. Also, I have to say that this was the first time I had seen Britney in at least 6 years, so it was so fun having her there!

Heather got me a goodie bag full of all sorts of fun things! It had some white onesies, diapers, a pack of gum, a cute birthday banner that she made, a really soft blanket with polka dots, some shower gel and a loofah, some toys, and I think that was it. Sorry, Heather if I have forgotten something. I appreciate it nonetheless! Also, her Jason always writes Roses are Red poems in cards and he wrote:
Roses are Red
Oceans are Blue
Babies look funny
There's nothing you can do!
But don't worry, they usually grow out of it. .......usually.
We all had a good laugh!

Kaylee got me a cute set of pajamas with duckies on the feet.

Faith went in on a group gift, and got me a travel system! Yay for that!

The second baby shower was at 1pm. It was at the church, and the theme was "What will it "bee"?" There was a really cute cake that Krystal Walch made me that looked like a beehive and had bees on it made with twix bars and marshmallows. It was really adorable! I don't have any photos because I was dumb and forgot my camera. (Ditto on the blood thing again) Devera made me a cute quilt that was yellow and black striped and we tied it during the shower with black ribbon. Her girls, Sheralyn and Madelyn made me a soft yellow fleece blanket with a Winnie-the-Pooh border. We played a guessing game, to see how many of certain types of snacks were in a baby bottle. Shockingly, I won the one with the cheerios in it! I have always been awful at those. Although I was still over 150 off. Oh well! :) They also had a pinata that I had to break. It was hilarious! It took me probably a good ten minutes to break it open, and some of that was without a blindfold! And I had a BASEBALL BAT! It was very well reinforced!

Then we opened gifts!
Carrie Garner and Amy Peterson got me some Dreft (which is sensitive detergent just for babies) and some handmade burp cloths.
Marilyn, Celeste, Natalia and Tatiana Hernandez got me a reall cute Arthur book (that we read out loud, and all had a good laugh about), some cute puppy pajamas that are really soft, and a cute and soft teddy bear.
Dardree and Jessica McClellan got me a cute purple sweater with a bunny on it, some PJs with pink and purple flowers, and a pair of booties in yellow. The shoes are SO tiny!
Alison Pack got me a check, which is always nice!
Krytal Walch got me some Infant Tylenol, a medicine syringe, Bordeaux's Butt Paste, and Vaseline.
Devera, Sheralyn and Madelyn got me the aforementioned blankets. And also they were in charge of the shower. It was loads of fun!

1 comment:

I am a mother! said...

It was way fun! I'm sad there are no photos from the other one but that's OK. Blood to the uterus or as I call it "pregnancy brain". We all get it!

I'll make good on the group gift when I see you Wed. =-)