Monday, February 8, 2010

Jessica's Visit!



We had a great time when Jason's sister, Jessica, came to see Finley- all the way from Austin, TX! We are so glad that there was good timing, because Jessica graduated from Nursing School in December, so she got to take some time out between school and her new job to meet her nephew.

She really enjoyed holding him and feeding him and generally spoiling him rotten. Of course, her husband, Greg, and her two kids, Blaine and Abigail certainly helped! She came with a whole suitcase full of toys and clothes and homemade items and anything a baby could want! It was so fun to go through everything! She also bought us some of their favorite books by Sandra Boynton, which I have already read to Finn a few times each!

Here is Finn on a blanket she knitted, looking into a mirror she brought. Cute photo, huh?

Here is Finley in a hat his Uncle Greg made for him. It's a little big now, but I bet it will be perfect for next year!

We went to Vernon Hills to get some Wonderstone for her to take back for Blaine and Abigail. I had to sit in the car and feed Finn, but Jason and Jessica had a great time!

This is what the Wonderstone looks like. It's maroon, pink, orange and cream. SO pretty!

We also did quite a bit of beading. Jessica made some awesome necklaces, including one for Blaine and one for Abigail. I wish I had pictures of them! (I know, the photo doesn't go. But he's so cute when he stretches!)

Jessica was loving this cool fabric sling thing that my Mom made when she was here. She thought it was the coolest thing ever, and may make some for her friends that have babies. I have to say, it is a pretty nifty thing!


We also went to Sundance Ski Resort and wandered around. I had Finn in the sling (above) and a blanket tucked around him so he didn't get cold. Jessica said it looked like I was pregnant with triplets. I tend to think she was right. (My mom made that blanket, by the way. And I got a few compliments on it while we were there.)


Mostly, we just hung out and talked and generally enjoyed each other's company. It was a great visit, and we were so glad she could come up! Now we just need to see Greg, Abigail, and Blaine before Finn gets too old!

1 comment:

Emily said...

How fun. I wish I could come visit again!