Friday, March 5, 2010

Tuesday Adventures

Well, I know it is not Tuesday. Or Wednesday. So I am running a little behind schedule- so what? Tuesday was an adventurous day for me... Well, okay not too adventurous. But more so than usual. I don't know why I am blabbering on in such a weird fashion.

Tuesday for Mutual, we had a Progressive dinner/Get to Know Your Leaders night. I got to kick it all off with appetizers. Salad was suggested, but did I do salad? No way! A chance to show off some cooking AND make people eat new things? Opportunity Taken! So I decided to do 3 different types of crostini and one other appetizer. Being myself, I am a HORRIBLE time manager. So did I get it all set out and ready by the time everyone showed up? No. Did I have half of it done when everybody showed up? No. Oh well. I did get everything finished about 10 minutes after everyone showed up, which was pretty good for me.
I made Crostini with St. Andre cheese and pink lady apples, crostini with chevre, arugula tossed in balsamic vinegar, and roasted red peppers, crostini with sauteed bacon and red onions, and insalata caprese, which is tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil drizzled in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. They were pretty delicious! Judging by the amount that got eaten, the St Andre cheese and pink lady apple were the favorite.

So, we move on to the other houses, and I had a wonderful time listening to embarrassing stories, looking at old photos, and learning funny little quirks about my fellow leaders. I get home, and sit on the couch and look down and notice a HUGE hole in my jeans! AND it was right on my inner thigh! Yikes! I immediately remember that I had been sitting cross legged on the floor at the last house and become somewhat embarrassed. I mean, this hole is probably a good five inches. Oh well, I guess that just happens sometimes. At least it wasn't in the crotch, hmmm?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hey! I never noticed the hole in your pants at all. But, I absolutely LOVED the food you made and I think we should do an appetizer party again. :)