Monday, March 1, 2010

Finn and Food

I will start with food, since I have done so many Finn posts lately.

I have eaten at some AMAZING places the last little while! Notably, SmashBurger and Pizzeria 712 have been my favorites. SmashBurger is apparently a chain, but I have no idea where any others are. They have amazing burgers, but even more amazing than the burgers are the SIDES! What, you say, better sides than burgers? That doesn't sound so great.... But it is! They have these fries that are tossed with garlic and rosemary, and they taste so potatoey and delicious! I have a huge thing for potatoey fries, and usually you have to get steak fries to get that good flavor. But these fries are incredible! They taste just like roasted potatoes, and you can never go wrong with rosemary! They also have flash fried veggies (not breaded) that have green beans, carrots, and ASPARAGUS! (And in case you were curious, yes, I can still smell asparagus pee. I had forgotten that I could. Oh well.) The great thing about these veggies, is that they are perfectly cooked. It's hard to get perfectly cooked veggies at restaurants, let alone fast food. So, yeah. I recommend it!

Pizzeria 712 was written up in Salt Lake Magazine and won all sorts of awards. We went with Heather and Jason, and we all ordered a different pizza. They were ALL good! The pizzas have extremely thin crusts, and are blackened a bit, which I love. I ordered a pizza with mushrooms (they were specialty mushrooms, I know, but I am not sure what kind.) goat cheese, and basil. Jason (my Jason) ordered one with potatoes, garlic and arugula. I love me some arugula! Heather ordered a margarita pizza. Jason (Heather's Jason) got one with Speck, which I guess is somewhat like prosciutto, Italian sausages and fennel. They were really delicious!


Now, on to Finn. Guess what? Jason got a picture of him smiling! And, serendipitously, I am also in the picture, and I look cute, well, kinda! I am pretty impressed! We weighed Finn the other day, and he is now 11.5 lbs. He is starting to look like a major chunk! Well, not really. But he does have a nice double chin, and he even has a roll on his thighs. We are also starting the weaning process. Well, we just started today, but we have seen no problems yet. I must say, bottle feeding is about a million times faster than breastfeeding, which is nice!

Awww- the little round belly! I am glad he isn't so skinny anymore.


I love this face! Plus, I think this photo is cool because Finn is exactly lined up with Jason's head. It was odd. Finn loves to just be in his diaper. I think he will be very happy when summer rolls around...


Daddy and Baby Feet. Always cute! Of course, Finn was screaming...


I think this photo is also pretty cute...


Here is his thigh. You can sort of see the roll, but it's easier to see from the inside. Oh well...


Finley has such cute feet! And they are so long!

1 comment:

I am a mother! said...

Fun post & I like your new background!