Saturday, October 3, 2009

Earrings Galore!

Last Saturday, before the Relief Society General Broadcast, our stake had a get-together where the women displayed their talents and had dinner. I guess my jewelry making skills are making the rounds, because they called me up to see if I would demonstrate at a table. I agreed, and had a great time! I decided to only bring pearls and crystals and make earrings, since there was no way I could have brought enough stuff to do more. And- seriously- it was insane how much stuff I had to bring anyways! They gave me one of the banquet tables, and it was totally full of drawers of chain, findings, beads, other jewelry I brought to display (but a very small area. I brought a ton, but had no space to display it all...) and tools. It was crazy! Everyone seemed to really like the jewelry, and I really enjoyed seeing what jewelry caught people's attention. The one that got the most was one Julie helped me design- chain and blue and brown lampwork beads. (Julie- I wonder if you remember it?)
Anyway- here are the earrings I designed while I was at the thingie. I thought I would get more done, but I felt rude making jewelry while people were talking to me, so you only have like seven. I enjoyed the challenge of using pearls in different ways, and I hope you will enjoy them too!

This is the first pair I did, and it is simple, but cute. Or at least I think so! I liked the bright yellow, and thought they hung well on the square jump rings.

This pair made me step out of the box. I don't usually like using colored wire as well as silver, but I thought it made these barbie pink pearls less girly and a little more party-ish. The pearls really are Barbie pink. It's hard to tell because of the flash.

This shade of green really reminded me of a Granny Smith apple, so I decided to make wire leaves for them. As a side note- most of these earrings are very short, which is not at all the norm for me. Most are less than an inch long- including the fishwire!

These earrings are actually a very vivid purple weird shaped pearl, with sky blue pearls as spacers. Nothing fancy- but the purple really is incredible.

These earrings are the longest I made, and I liked the idea of repeating the circles. I tried to find perfectly round pearls, but I guess real pearls just don't come in shapes like that. So this is the best I got. I have worn them a few times since then.

This pair kept trying to get designed while I was working on the other cream colored set. I ended up making one earring for each set, and then the other one. I love the simple elegance of the gold and pearl combination.

This last pair is my favorite, and got a few comments- mostly because everyone was so surprised that those are pearls! I love the color, and I love stick pearls. And I love that they are asymmetrical. I am just drawn to that. One of the ladies said they have a very southwestern feel to them, and I agree- to a point. They look more Indian to me (India, not Native American.) But the stick pearls do kindof remind me of chiles.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah, I remember the necklace you are talking about. I can't beleive you had so much room, and still needed more. Wait, you are related to your mom, so I guess I can.♥ ya

Katie said...

You are so talented! I love every single pair, but I think the apple ones are my favorite. I love green and I love apples.

Laura said...

I like the apples too! Looks like a fun day -- lots of creative juices flowing. Remember to keep beading between diaper changes and feedings. That's what'll keep you sane! Hope that you are feeling well!

Carrie said...

Love them all, but my fav set is the dangly ones with the white pearls. So cute! We need to do a YW activity with beads.

I am a mother! said...

You are so talented Amanda! The Barbie pink ones are by far my favorite. I just love pink!

Andrea said...

I like the red ones! I thought of chiles too.