Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Embarrassing Story Number 2

Last Night for Mutual, both the Young Men and the Young Women went to play miniature golf, which was, of course, tons of fun. I thought we had rented the whole place out, since they had to stay open later for us. I went with Amy (the YW President) on a doughnut run instead of golfing. We ended up with 5 dozen (60) doughnuts, and they were pretty heavy, let me tell you! Anyway, I was carrying them to the pavillion, and I could feel the box was starting to give, so I yelled at the group of Young Men that was on the nearest hole. It was not a very nice yell, either. So I am all "Hey guys! I need some help NOW!" and right as they run up, the box collapses in the middle. Somehow, those guys saved all the doughnuts, and not one hit the floor, though it was a close call. I ordered them to take the box to the table for me, and after I handed it over, I thought- I don't recognize those guys. But, there was a new guy there from our ward, so I thought it must be him. So I look over to the "leader" that was playing with them, and I didn't recognize him either! Slowly, it dawns on me that these guys are NOT in my ward, and I have been ordering them around not-so-nicely. I was pretty humiliated. I thanked them effusively, which I hope helped a little. Maybe they will blame it on the big pregnant belly hormones or something... I hope!

3 comments:

Julie said...

This made me laugh! You can pretend anything you want, and not have to worry because you will probably not see them again.

I am a mother! said...

HILARIOUS Amanda!!!!!

Laura said...

That is pretty funny! You can get away with a lot when you're pregnant, keep taking advantage of it!!