Friday, October 16, 2009

Pregnancy Preconceptions

I decided I need to blog more often about being pregnant. After all, I only have 8.5 weeks left, which isn't very long at all! And if I continue posting like I have been, I will only get about 2 more posts before I have the baby. And there are just so many funny things about being pregnant that I would like to remember. Or maybe just use to persuade the rest of you to stick with your birth control! :) Just kidding.

Here are some of the things about being pregnant that have really surprised me. (And don't worry, I am keeping it PG and not too gross, so don't run away screaming just yet!)
1. I find myself looking at my bare belly in the mirror and thinking that I don't look pregnant at all, just fat. And then I cover it with a shirt and it's cute! I am not sure how this works, but I find it somewhat annoying.
2. It takes me FOREVER to roll over in bed. And I have to do it about every hour. It's funny that the belly makes me so unwieldy!
3. My joints are SO loose! If I don't have my knee or ankle propped up, it hurts like someone is sitting on my calf or foot, making my joint bend the wrong way. It's so weird!
4. I feel full all the time. Like I have just gorged myself on Thanksgiving, and there is no way I could eat another bite. Plus, maybe feeling like I need to unbutton my pants. You know the feeling. And yet, I haven't eaten in hours.
5. It astounds me how big my belly looks from the side versus the top! I look at the top of my belly all the time, and while it definitely sticks out, and Jason laughs at how far away on the floor things have to be for me to see them, it doesn't look that big. And then I see a picture. HOLY COW! I look like a walrus! Is my belly really that big? Yes. Unfortunately! :)
6. One of the funniest things to me is how much I love this little sucker already! I feel it kick, even when it's uncomfortable, and I get this goofy grin on my face and just think- "Oh, baby! How I love you!" It kindof reminds me of being a newlywed, but a different kind of love.

I just really love being pregnant! Sure, it's uncomfortable and I try in vain to convince myself that I look pregnant, not fat, and that it's GOOD that I have gained 20 pounds, but it is so awesome! I love feeling the baby kick, and I love knowing that I have a baby inside me, that I have created and given life! I love thinking about if it will be a boy or a girl, and who it will look like. I love that I have no idea how much my tummy sticks out and I am always bumping into things. It is just too cool, and I am so glad that I get the chance to be a mom! I can't wait to start the next chapter of this adventure!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You're going to be such a GREAT mom!