Friday, December 11, 2009

My Boys

Is there anything sweeter than watching your husband with your new baby? I don't think so! Although, mine is a bit of a baby hog! :) I think he holds him about all the time, except for when I am nursing, when he is sleeping, and when Finn has to be under the lights. Although when he is under the lights, Jason is right there touching him constantly.
I knew Jason would love our baby, especially because when we went to visit family in Idaho, there was a new baby, Nora, and he held her nonstop. It was really REALLY cute, and despite his protests I knew from then on he was a baby person.
BUT SERIOUSLY!!! I had no idea that he would be so much of a baby person! For example, I have changed only four diapers. Only FOUR and only when no one else was here, and they have all been wet. Jason has changed all the diapers and done all the burping. I was really surprised that he wold change diapers, mostly because I thought he would be worried about hurting Finn, since newborns seem so fragile. But he has really not been afraid of that at all! Well, not as far as he goes anyway. He tells me quite often that I need to be careful that I don't roll on top of him, feed him regularly, keep him warm, keep him not TOO warm, etc etc etc.
I love it though! I think it is so cute, and it just makes me smile inside every time! I love my boys to death, and I am so glad that Jason is just as in love as I am! He is always saying something about Finn like "Isn't he perfect?" "Isn't he the most beautiful baby you have ever seen?" He was even asking all the nurses, which made me have to try really hard not to laugh when they all reply "Of course he is!"
To sum up, let me tell you about a conversation I had with Jason yesterday. He had gone to work on Wednesday (but then came home that night to help me watch Finn in the bilirubin lights) and his co-worker asked him how it felt to be second fiddle, now that we had a baby. He replied "I think it's the other way around!" And I asked what he meant. He told me that I was the second fiddle! "But don't worry," he said, "I still love you. He's just my new toy!" I laughed really hard! But you know, that's how it is at our house lately!

3 comments:

I am a mother! said...

Finn is lucky you picked him such a good daddy!

=0)jessica said...

dudes & babies are too cool together, greg gets the "sleeping baby sickness" which means that even if he's just slept 14 hours you hand him a sleeping baby & he's out in like, 5 min with the baby on his chest.

love you jas & finn & amanda!
=0)jessica

Andrea said...

Awwww!

I hope you guys start getting sleep soon! I read that most babies start to get more consolidated night sleep starting at 6wks after their due date, soon to develop a morning nap. if Finn is 5wks early it may not be as likely to happen until he is 11wks. Here's to sleeping more than 2 or 3 hrs in a row!!!!