Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Return to Not Pregnant Life

Yesterday, Jason and I went to IHOP for dinner. I was pretty excited to eat pancakes WITH SYRUP and have a soda, since I hadn't been able to have them for months because of the gestational diabetes. (Everything is all hunky-dory with that now, if you were wondering.) So I order my root beer, and I pick it up to taste the deliciousness...
BLEAH!!! Yuck!! This root beer is WAAAAAY too sweet! The machine is off! And it's too fizzy! Jason tried it and said it was perfect. I tried it again, and it was still too sweet. And what's worse, it tastes like medicine.
How sad. I think I may never like root beer again. But don't fear. I will keep trying. At least the pancakes were good!
Also, I am sitting here in PRE-pregnancy jeans. And they are done up! Okay, well really they are done up when I am standing, but I have to undo the button when I am sitting. It's weird to have a waistband cutting into me again. Maternity pants are much more comfy. I think I now understand people who wear elastic waist jeans. If I weren't so vain, I think I might get some. Plus, Jason would kill me.

2 comments:

=0)jessica said...

it'll come back. when you dont eat sweet for a long time it tastes disgusting to you...it's better to not like sweets that to not like healthy stuff like bread...

I am a mother! said...

That's funny about the Root Beer! Way to go on the jeans. That is REALLY fast to be back in your old clothes.