Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dillon, Jason, and I at Trafalga!!




Dillon, Jason, and I decided to make a trip to Trafalga, since they have an amazing deal. Seriously- it's amazing. Trafalga is like a miniature golf, arcade, go kart, batting cages, all-around family fun center in Orem. We started out with miniature golf indoors, on a cool black light course. It's the best course there, but always pretty crowded. I did remember to take photos- yay! Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures for the rest of it. Oh well. Also, these photos are kindof blurry since I didn't want to ruin the cool black light effect with a flash. After that, we did another round of golf outside. Then we got some Dippin' Dots.
Then we did the arcade, and Lady Luck was definitely in residence! It started with me. I was playing Deal or No Deal (which is basically like the TV show). You can win minimum 1 ticket and maximum 400 tickets. And they let you see which briefcase has the 400 tickets and then shuffle it around. At first you think this is great, but I promise, it's impossible to follow. I must admit, I am pretty horrible at it. I tend to just want to play it out until the bitter end. For example- last time I played two games, and only won 11 tickets. Sadness. But this time, I won 40 my first game, and then, AMAZINGLY, I got 400!! I totally picked the right briefcase! Wah-hoo! Jackpot for Amanda! So I run off to the boys to brag, and lo-and-behold, Dillon hits his jackpot!! It was a wheel of fortune game where you try to stop the light on the free spin and then hope for 500 tickets. And he got it! And then immediately after, he got two 300 spins in a row! Holy Cow! And THEN, Jason got HIS jackpot! It was insane! He was doing a light stopping kind, and he wasn't even paying attention, and whammo! 568 tickets! Yeah- the guy had to come replace tickets on all of our machines. So we ended up with a grand total of 4, 300 or so tickets. It was awesome! Jason and Dillon got lots of stink bombs that they took on a scout campout. Apparently, it was way worth it just to see the looks on the guys' faces!

4 comments:

Hazel said...

That black light golf does look super fun. Too bad 4000.00+ tickets doesn't buy you something really cool, like a boat. Oh well, stick bombs are cool, i guess.

Julie said...

Did you buy a lottery ticket that day? Just think you could have been millions richer::sigh:: Too bad Utah doesn't do lottery.

I am a mother! said...

How fun! The black light golf course pictures are way cool. Yay for Trafalgas!

Amanda said...

Well, we could have gotten an electric can opener, but I was voted down...