Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life- oh life!

Well, I don't have nay exciting pictures to post. Sorry. But, I just wanted to post a little something. I have really been working on being more of an extrovert. I have a hard time getting to know people, and feel so much more comfortable in groups of people I already know. (But who doesn't, right?) So, I decided that I was going to make an effort to get to know some more people and get out of my comfort zone a little. And I am SO glad I am doing it! There is a lady in my ward (who is the choir director) and she was very welcoming when we first moved in. Her name is Suzanne. I liked her, but was unwilling to try to make friends. I was just glad someone would smile at me! But at a Relief Society get-together last week, I sat by her and we started talking. I mentioned that I am home alot, and somehow our table got into a discussion about grocery shopping. I mentioned that I hate to grocery shop, and Suzanne was like: "We should go grocery shopping together!" I kindof went- Yeah, okay, but that was it. Well, I started thinking that maybe I should make more of an effort to make friends. So I called her up today, and we went grocery shopping. And we had a great time! We spent alot of time talking, and I really enjoyed it. I think we will do it more often. I just wanted to brag a bit, because- gosh- it seems so hard to make friends after high school and marriage!

2 comments:

I am a mother! said...

Good for you Amanda! That is great!

PS-I am not more ambitious than you! Not everyone likes jogging. You are amazing at beading and cooking!

Hazel said...

That is huge. You must have inherited your introvertiosity (it is cool if I make up words, right) from me. I am so scared to make new friends, but if one falls in my lap, I love it. The blogs help. That is why I love them.