Saturday, April 11, 2009

Exciting Food News!!

So, yesterday I finally stopped procrastinating. I have been wanting a panini press for a long time. I mean, a LONG time! Like longer than a year. But I never got around to getting one. I'm not sure why- I mean, they aren't THAT expensive (I paid $40 for mine) and they are super fun. So, yesterday I decided to just suck it up and buy one. (A big Thanks to Julie- for motivating me to get one as a means of helping others!) And, I have to admit- I am SOOOOO excited about it! It came with quite a few recipes, but I am mostly excited to start inventing things. All sandwiches are better as a panini. Plus, they are so easy to use! So, yeah. I know you are all jealous. Except for you guys who already have one. But still.
As a general update- everything here is going fine. Well, at least as fine as it ever is. I am excited to say that I have been awesome at keeping up with my dishes lately. Which is quite a feat if you are A) Amanda, B) without a dishwasher, and C) have been cooking elaborate meals. Okay- not too elaborate, but plenty of dirty pots and pans that need soaking. The diet thing- you ask- well, it's going ok. I seem to have lost a little steam, yet again, but it will pick up soon, I'm sure. Maybe after I finish off that german chocolate cake I made the other day... (see http://thesauteepan.blogspot.com)

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Julie made me the best sandwich I have ever tasted on her press. Mmmm. I am not doing so great on my diet either. I had lost 4 pounds, but I gained every ounce of it back over Easter. I am going to do the thing that Emily suggested though. I am going to hold off for now. I need my body fat tested before I go crazy.

I am a mother! said...

That IS exciting news. I bet you'll have tons of fun with it!