Thursday, April 9, 2009

It just keeps on getting better....

So, yesterday Jason had a mandatory meeting at work. I wasn't too worried, since they have those meetings every year to discuss per diem and mileage rates. But then Jason called me, and the whole company is basically going under. They are keeping a few people to try and stick around, but it's very unstable. Jason was told that they could keep him for one month at three-quarter pay minus the per diem and mileage rates, and that was it. Jason had kind of seen it coming, so he wasn't too surprised, but his job is the kind that fluctuates quite a bit in stability, so I thought it was just more of the same. I was pretty surprised. Especially since Jason has been working there the longest, so I would have thought that he would be one of the last to be let go. Not that I hold a grudge for those who are staying, nobody really has it great and I know that Steve (the boss) probably prayed about it and whatnot (the joys of working inUtah- everybody's LDS), but I was just surprised.
I am pretty concerned about insurance. I guess that is my big issue. We can go on unemployment, and Jason has been working somewhat on starting his own company. I know we won't be starving and homeless or anything, but it will be a big change. The insurance has me quite worried. I am not sure what direction to move in... It's very frustating, needless to say.
Plus, Jason has been working this job for three years, and we have become quite accustomed to spending half of the week apart. That's when I get all my chores done and errands run. If he is home all day, and I am home all day, I am not sure how that is going to work out. I will, of course, be grateful that we will get to spend more time together, but when will I get anything done? I guess we'll get a schedule going after a few slovenly weeks.
All in all, I know that Heavenly Father will take care of us. We have been living the gospel, and while I know that's not a guarantee of easy life, I know he will bless us with what we need. I am so grateful that I have the gospel as an anchor in my life. I don't know how anyone does life at all without it.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. You have such a good attitude and I know that will help. Jason will find something soon though. Good things always happen to good people.