Sunday, April 26, 2009

Feeling Sheepish...

So, today at our Ward Choir practice, we were talking about getting a women's group together for our ward talent show. Everyone was so excited about it! And I told the choir director that I had a tond of good SSA or SSAA sheet music (Soprano, Soprano, Alto and Soprano, Soprano, Alto, Alto) from my days in choir. She was excited and we arranged to meet together tomorrow morning to pick something out. So, excited, I finally get home, and cannot wait to dig out my music. There were a few pieces in particular that I was excited about. But I am looking, and looking......and looking. And, uh-oh, I can't find it!! Well, okay, that is a half lie. I can find it, but it's all Christmas music!! Where are the cool madrigals I remember, or the cool jazz pieces? I figure this must be what happened: I was cleaning out my sheet music, and I was like "When am I ever going to need the sheet music for an a-cappella SSA madrigal? Ummm, never." And promptly got rid of it. So, tomorrow I get to call her up and say- "Hey, you know all that music I was talking about? Well, it turns out I don't have any. Hope that's not a problem!" This is what I get for volunteering too quickly for things. It's such a shame!

3 comments:

Me said...

that is really too bad! i have some awesome sheet music... but i don't know how i'd go about lending it to you, so sadly i am of no help whatsoever in this situation... not to mention one of the songs is in lithuanian and another in latin...

I am a mother! said...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just an honest mistake and I bet she thinks you're great for wanting to participate and wanting to help provide music. I hope you have fun singing with the woman's group! If my ward did one I would jump all over it (we don't even have a choir...since the last stint of putting me in as a "special assignment" choir director that is ;-)

Katie said...

I rescued a bunch of Emily's stuff. Shh, don't tell her I have it. She might want it back.