Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Yet another root canal....

Jason has decided to try to break the world record for number of root canals, or something. He has had a total of nine, count 'em, NINE. It's ridiculous. But, this morning, we went to get number nine done. I have only seen 3-4 of them. I'm not totally sure how many I have seen. At first, I thought it was kind of cool. (Watching, I mean, not spending the money on it.) It was interesting. But now, it's just kindof disturbing and boring. Really boring. Especially since if you are watching, you are facing away from the TV. And then you have all the dentist smells, and the blood all over the tools and whatnot. Just kindof creepy. Of course, that is coming from me, who has never even had a cavity. So maybe if you are used to dental work, it's not a big deal to see it.
This root canal went pretty well. First off, we got us some dental insurance- which, unfortunately, doesn't cover major dental work yet, but we still get the contracted amount so we only paid $375 for the root canal and the build-up. Which is a little more than half off. You just have to love those Utah dental prices! And then, he only had to get three vials of three different anesthetics. But, then there was the gagging brought on by the rubber dam. I thought about taking some photos, but figured the dentist might not appreciate it. Plus Jason may have gotten a little upset with me. So, no photos. Sorry.

1 comment:

I am a mother! said...

Glad that's over! Y

ou are such a nice wife to be there with him. I'm pretty sure that my mom dropped me off and hit the road until it was time to pick me up when I had mine.