Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Christmas Frenzy!

The last few days have been a frenzy of Christmas activity around here. Saturday, we had to go buy a tree, as I got rid of our old one when we moved. So, Sunday we put it up. It was a pre-lit tree, and I don't think we will do that again. Seriously. It was way too difficult. But, we did get it up, and decorated. This year, the theme is pheasants. All the ornaments are gold, brown, copper, and green, and I have feather picks. Also, I have three pheasants, so there you go. I will take pictures of it to post when Jason gets home on Thursday. I am not sure how much Jason loves my crazy Christmas tree ideas. But, he doesn't complain, and I really think they are quite gorgeous.
Today I have been wrapping the gifts I have already bought. I don't think there is anything quite as fun as wrapping a gift that you know someone is going to love. Expecially when you curl ribbon, and make every one gorgeous. I am sure that won't last too long for me, but I do enjoy it.
Later today, I am off to do some Christmas shopping. I have no idea what to get Jason for a big present. I do have some ideas for smaller ones, though. So, maybe I will start there and see what happens. And I still have some friend gifts to buy. All in all, I am starting to feel pressed for time as Christmas is a mere 9 days away. Yikes!

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Pheasant tree? I can't wait for the pictures! My ornaments are mostly play dough, but just as beautiful. Is a big gift required? I might be in trouble.

Emily said...

Just do what I do; don't get presents for anyone. That way you don't have to stress and nobody gets jealous.