Friday, December 19, 2008

Jewelry and Roommates!




Tonight, I got together with two of my old roommates for dinner! It was lots of fun. Carrie Sheffield was here visiting family for Christmas, and Melanie Eichner lives up in Salt Lake. Unfortunately, I don't see her often, although I really should see her more, since she's not THAT far away. Anyway, we had a really great time. Carrie and I had lots of time to bond, since I gave her a ride. It was snowing like nobody's business. Honestly. The roads were sooooo slick! I actually slid right into somebody. We were on a hill, and there was nothing I could do about it. Luckily, she was super nice. She got out of her car, and came and gave me a hug and was just laughing. She said that she and the passenger had just been talking about a similar experience that she had (just sliding into someone) and also about how if they could just make it to the highway, they probably wouldn't get rear-ended. We were about 50 feet from the on-ramp, so she was so close! But she was very sweet, and said no harm done, since I only chipped her paint. I was so grateful that she wasn't mad!
Anyway, I decided to make my former roomies some jewelry, and I took some very poor photos of it with my phone, because both pieces turned out very beautiful. Hope you can kindof tell what they look like! Melanie's is the orange one, and Carrie's is the green one. (oh- and Melanie never wears matching earrings, so that's why the earrings are different.)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Beautiful! I am jealous that somebody got bonding time with you that wasn't me! Hopefully I will see you over the break.

I am a mother! said...

How fun Amanda! Glad you could get together with your old roomies. I bet they LOVE their jewelry!!

Hope you have a good weekend with Jason and fingers crossed for them not having to go into work next week!!!