Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Bane of my Existence

I have decided that I have an arch-enemy. Yes- that is right. I have a nemesis. Jealous? Well, don't be. Is anyone curious who it is? Well, since the joy of blogging is that I don't actually have to hear your lame responses and see your rolling eyes, I can just tell you. My arch-enemy is treats for mutual. Here I am, trying so hard to count my calories, and I have to bring treats for mutual. Two weeks in a row. The first week, I wasn't worried. I was the only one bringing treats, and teenage girls eat a lot more than you think. So, I bought two boxes of mini cupcakes. Pictured below.
Well, much to my chagrin, the girls only ate part of one box!! So, of course, I had to eat the rest. And those little suckers are over 100 calories each, which isn't too bad, except for I was eating like 4 a day. Well, this week, I had to bring a dozen cookies. And you can never make just a dozen cookies. I was worried, because I knew others were bringing cookies. And they ate maybe three of mine. So, I had like 4 dozen cookies at home. AAAAAHHHHHHH!! It's like my worst nightmare!! Luckily, Lauren and Adam decided to save my butt from becoming any lardier by agreeing to take them all. Thank goodness, because I don't think my diet can take this! Next week, I am going to buy or make something I won't eat. I hope.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Sabotage. I know they are after me too. I have a hard time even when they are not in my house, sometimes, I just need a treat. You have a much stonger resistance thatn I do.

I am a mother! said...

And then I made you guys take home half the brownies making it even worse!

Hazel said...

I can't believe those young women! You need to have a talk with them. Threaten with healthy snacks. They will give in and eat all the sugary sweets for you, and you will have to eat only one...one delicious valentines day cupcake.

Emily said...

Just remember that the superhero always conquers.