Saturday, February 7, 2009

My first ring!

My fabulous aunt Laura went through all of her old jewelry and gave me everything that was broken or that she just didn't want because it was weird. So, lucky me, I get to remake them all into new jewelry! Yesterday, I chose a post earring that was missing it's other half. I turned it into a ring, and I love it! It's a little bigger than I usually like for a ring, but it is stunning, and it's really growing on me! Plus, it was super fun because I have never made a ring before. It took some creative juices, let me tell you! I was thinking about adding some beads to spruce it up, or add color, but I decided I like it better plain. Cute, huh? Thanks so much, Laura!

2 comments:

Hazel said...

That is so cute! And earring? REally? I don't know how you did it, it looks so pretty.

Laura said...

It looks great as a ring and I'm always so happy when old things find new uses! Can't wait to see the other creations.

Laura