Monday, February 2, 2009

Various Tidbits

Well, I have been having issues with blogging lately. I think about it all the time (yes, maybe I am a bit obsessive-compulsive) but I can never remember what I want to write when it comes down to it. So, instead, I just don't blog, and then when I make myself, I have too many things to say.
I got called as an Assistant Girl's Camp Director. I admit, I am pretty nervous about it, as I had no great love for Girl's Camp when I was in YW. But, I am getting more and more excited about it. I had the chance to go to a workshop for girl's camp on Saturday morning. I admit, I didn't want to go since it's a LONG workshop, but I am so glad I did. Sherri Dew spoke, and she gave an amazing talk. There were a few things she shared, that I feel the need to pass on. She said that throughout the scriptures, every prophet has testified about two things: Jesus Christ, and the latterdays. We know we were all saved for the latterdays. That we proved ourselves somehow in the premortal existence to be worthy to come in these special times. She said "Do you really think Heavenly Father would have taken a chance on the outcome of these days by sending weak spirits?" That just really hit home to me. I never thought about it like that, and I firmly believe her. It gave me a great insight as to how important I am, as a daughter of God, and how important my calling is in the Young Women. I have the ability to shape my girls' lives. Wow. The other thing she said that really inspired me was a story she shared.
She was working the Manhattan Temple Open House VIP night, and afterwards, people were mingling and discussing things. Mike Wallace (of 60 Minutes fame) asked a great, insightful question. He said "Your women are different. Why?" Someone else answered "Because our women are pure." It shines through your face. I was impressed that it really is obvious to people who aren't members of the Church. Wow.
Well, after all that heavy stuff, I thought I would post a great video to lighten your spirits. Thanks, Faith for sharing it with me!

4 comments:

I am a mother! said...

ASSISTANT GIRLS CAMP DIRECTOR! WOW! They sure are utilizing your talents well.

Jason said...

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing....I'll have to show Heather later.

Hazel said...

I love that tape, and a cop? Priceless.

You are such a good person. This is what I love about the blogs...they connect you.

Emily said...

I was so busy laughing at that video yesterday, that I didn't end up leaving a comment. Good luck at girl's camp. I bet the girls all love you sooo much!