Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Calorie Counting

I am really impressed with my ability to stick with this whole calorie counting thing. I still haven't been exercising yet (I am too busy. Okay- enough excuses.) But I have been counting calories the last few days. I have never stuck with it so long, so I think it will actually happen. I just wanted to share this amazing website:
THEDAILYPLATE.COM
Here, FOR FREE!!, you can find out how many calories you can consume based on age, height, weight, activity level, and how much you want to lose. Then, you can use their database to find any foods you have eaten and enter them in. It automatically tells you how many calories, carbs, sugars, fat, and other stuff you have eaten, and how much you can eat for the remainder of the day. It is so cool! You can also plug in any exercise you do, and it will allow you to eat more calories, if you want to. Or you can just lose extra calories. It's pretty cool. If you want to lose weight, I would definitely check it out!

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Good for you! My favorite part is the exercising. Hard at first and then addicting. You seriously feel sad if you can't do it.

I am a mother! said...

Glad you are enjoying the daily plate. I like it because it gives me a sense of control and also the freedom to eat what I want. It's kind of like balancing a calorie budget. So if I'm going to eat a Coldstone Icecream I still can and not feel guilty about it b/c I know that I can "afford" those calories and still lose weight. Does that make sense?

So yesterday I didn't have my "Eat This Not That" book with me and made a guess at something healthy to eat at Teriyaki Stix. I guessed wrong. Who knew that the chicken bowl would be more than 200 calories more than the beef one...arg! I have to remember to bring that book around with me!!

Keep up the great work!