Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a Week!

Well, I have been sorely remiss at blogging lately. Luckily, I have a fantastic excuse, so you can all forgive me! :) Last Tuesday, my Mom flew in, and we took off to visit Nampa, and all the family around there. We only got to stay for a few days, but it was loads of fun! The first night, we all played games. We had so much fun!
In order from left to right: Julie, Kristen, Maegan, Mom, Katie. We played Last Word and Apples to Apples. As it got later and later, we got weirder and weirder, and this was one of those many moments. I would like to point out the food all over the table. (Yes, all of it junk food.) I didn't eat any of it! Well, okay, I did have a small piece of pie with ice cream, but who can resist that? It was delicious!
The next day, we all went over to Kara's house for lunch. All of us being: Britta and Sam, Kara, Shawn, and Jack, Laura, Clyde and Alice/Gertie, Maegan, Elena, and Kristen, Mom and Me, Julie, Jeremy, Nora, and Opal, Katie, Atticus, Thomas, and Violet. It was very full, and very fun. We made Korean Pancakes (basically grated veggies with egg and some kind of Korean sauce), Paninis, and Monte Cristos. It was delicious! Laura went through all of her jewelry, and brought a piece of jewelry for everyone. She also brought me a bad of jewelry that is either broken or strange to remake, and I can't wait to get started on it!! I am really excited, and you can expect to see pictures of them as I make them.
Then, Mom and I went to my Grandma's grave site, which was nice, although we had a bit of a hard time finding the cemetary. Then we went to Britta's to say hi to Morgan, Jared, TJ, and Hunter. Then we headed over to Katie's for more games. However, on the way was a bead store, so you know we had to stop. I was pretty good, and got some great stuff. Once we got to Katie's, we ate some delicious dinner. Pizza and Fruit Salad. The fruit salad really hit the spot. It was soooo good! With cantalope, honeydew, watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and grapes. It was delicious, and I ate a ton of it. Then, we decided to do a bit of beading. Katie made this beautiful piece with Labradorite and Pumice (or Lava or something):
Unfortunately, you miss all the cool parts of the piece with the camera. The smaller greyish stones have a beautiful bright blue shiny thing. Kindof like cat eyes in the dark. Then my mom and I had a beading contest where we both had to use the same stones as a base. You have to tell me which one you like better and which one you think is made by who. The base stones (featured in Necklace #1)
More Necklace #1:
Necklace #2:
So, don't forget to tell me your thoughts! Then we played Rummikub, which was great fun. Some photos:
This is a very typical photo of my mom. Not so photogenic. She is wearing the beautiful pin Laura gave her. It doesn't match so well, but it's a gorgeous pin.
This is Katie. She looks a little weird in this photo. Or maybe she just looks like that all the time! Just kidding!
This is Julie, who Jason thinks looks just like my mom. I don't really see it. Anyway, the last half day we were there, we hung out at Kristen's. We looked through a whole bunch of stuff from my Grandma, and there was alot of cool stuff and heirlooms. We also looked through an old catalog from the 60s that had us rolling on the floor. There was one page of coordinating outfits for yourself and your husband. And they were exactly the same! One of the sets was blue jumpsuits (can you say Janitor?) Another one that was great was the swimwear. I think they just used the same bottoms for both, which looked really hilarious. Then we had to head back to pick up Dad and Dillon at the airport, since they were coming to ski. We had a great, but busy, few days with them. They were pretty uneventful. Nevertheless, it was a great week. Sorry this post is so long! I guess I just had a lot to say!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am only a little bit jealous. Okay, maybe a lot. I want to eat candy and play games with everyone! Oh, and I fixed the pictures on my blog. I don't know why they weren't working.

I am a mother! said...

Wow! Sounds like a total blast! Glad you had such a great time. Are you going through withdrawals?

I think that you made necklace #1 because it's more off balance and I think that you like making jewelry like that. I would probably have to try them on to know which one I like better but I really like the first one a lot.

Hazel said...

That was so much fun. I don't know what it is about Rummicub, but everyone gets so serious. Too much thinking for a two in the morning brain, I guess. I loved seeing you, and come again soon!