Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm Famous!!!

Well, let me set the scene here. In May (I think. Maybe April.) I found out about a beading competition. I decided to submit a few pieces. They had categories, and you submit one piece for each category (or however many you want.) I had picked out all my favorite pieces, and submitted them to the appropriate categories. I was looking for anything I had made that might work for the remaining categories, and I found a piece for plastic. Not super cute, but hey, why not, right? So I submitted them all and anxiously awaited for results. Judges picked the top twenty in each category and then people subscribed to a beading newsletter voted on those to determine the winners.
Imagine my surprise, when I am nominated! Oh- I was so excited! Which one was it? I bet it was this one, or maybe that one. So, I find out. It's not any of those. It's the PLASTIC one! What!??!?! That one isn't even that cute! Oh well. No accounting for taste, I guess. I was still excited. So, I won an honorable mention and a free subscription to a beading magazine of my choice, which is pretty cool. But, the coolest thing is that this contest is for a beading magazine that comes out once a year and features all of the winning projects. So, I am in BeadStar Magazine! (You can get it anywhere currently. Or just look through it or whatever.) Here are some photos of it.
This is the page I am on. Whoo-hoo!
This is the piece that won. They messed it up. It's supposed to be asymmetrical.
This is the photo I submitted for the contest. Showing the earrings and the way the necklace is supposed to look. Lots cuter, huh?
This is a close up of my little bio. Oh- how famous am I?

6 comments:

I am a mother! said...

Congrats Amanda! I want to eat that necklace.

I am a mother! said...

PS- I am going to buy some fake eyelashes today and maybe wear them to church tomorrow. As long as they look like, "man she has gorgeous eyelashes" and not, "man, she is totally wearing fake eyelashes."

Hazel said...

Is this the one you were talking about?! That is super cute. If that is your last choice of the ones you submitted, I can't wait to see the rest. I ordered some beads online, with no picures, but they were cheep, and they turned out being really cute, small, but cute. I need some serious ideas.

I am so proud. I am going to tell everyone!

I am a mother! said...

K-apparently I can't read because I thought my blog reel said that you had a new post called "I'm Fabulous" (which is true) but alas, it is the same "I'm Famous" post that I already commented on two...three times...

Julie said...

If your other entries were similar to your bird nest necklace, I can understand why they choose this one. Just kidding. I am really excited for you. Is your mom jealous?

Amanda said...

Thanks alot, Julie! No, they weren't as weird as the bird one. And I don't think my mom is jealous. More excited for me, I think.